I just recently went on an adventure.
I love the opportunity to adventure.
I decided that I would visit DC. I knew that there were some people up there to stay with, however I had no plans whatsoever. That was invigorating. I was dropped off at a metro stop and the world was open to me from there. I had money in my pocket and the street beneath my feet. I love that feeling, even though it was freezing cold. The feeling of walking through the tall city buildings at night is great; I don't really know how to describe it.
I hopped on the metro and rode it into the city on the first night. I spent some time walking around downtown waiting for my friend to get off work. This was interesting because I got to see so many parts of DC that I had never seen before. Like: (1) the random art statues behind the Ronald Reagan International Center ,(2) Chinatown - who knew DC had a chinatown? and (3) the McDonalds on G St. AKA the Drag Queen Hang Out. haha.
I, then proceeded to hop back on the metro and meet up with one of my long lost friends. Who, Ive come to really enjoy spending time with.We hung out with lots of other people and had a great night.
The next day was supposed to be the end of my stay, however, I went on an excursion of downtown DC with a different friend that I hadn’t seen in a while. She is like the girl version of me. It’s weird but fun. We went to gift shop after gift shop in search of the perfect souvenirs for our friends. We even went to Urban Outfitters, where I found the amazing bottle opener ring. Haha. We also went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. To conclude our trip we saw a fight at the Drag Queen McDonalds, ate Chipotle and spent 30 mins trying to find the parking lot which we parked our car in. haha.
After I got back to the place I was staying, my friend was off work so we decided to go get ice cream with some friends. This turned into a disaster. Poor girl. Her car broke down and we couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it. We had to walk a couple miles to the gas station, buy an expensive gas tank, and walk all the way back to find that the car wasn’t out of gas, the fuel injector had stopped working. So she had to call a tow truck. But I stayed with her till we got the car back to her apt. Although the car busted we still got to go have ice cream and hang with her friends and watch the movie trailer channel. Haha. Her friends soon left and we decided to watch a movie. I fell asleep in her lap. That was a good memory.
The next day I waited around for a while and then left for Union Station to take a train back to Virginia. However, I did not gauge my time properly and I missed my train by a total of 3 mins! I was infuriated. BUT that gave me one more night to stay with my friends. I spent the rest of the afternoon looking around Union Station. It is so cool! I love Union Station. Its like a mall and an airport combined.
After Union Station we decided that we would go get Vietnamese food. It was not as satisfying as I had hoped. We then decided to go Laser Tagging. That was AWESOME! It was myself, the girl and two of her guy friends. Before we went Laser Tagging we decided to go the 7-11 and get some energy drinks. The girl and I split one called Four Loco. It was intense! Haha. It made our Laser Tagging sooooo much better. Haha. I realized that I need to practice more at shooting a Laser gun. Ha. On our way back from the LT we realized that each of us plays a different instrument and we all sing, so we decided to start a band, call it Four Loco and name our first album Challenge Accepted (inside joke haha). We will see how that works out. That night I was so worn out.
Unfortunately, that next morning I had to get up at 6am because my train left from US at 7:30am. I woke up, called a cab, got a shower, said good bye, searched for the cab outside, realized I was not in the right spot, rode the cab to US and got on my train all in about an hour. It was my first cab ride. I learned several things. (1) cab phone operators are all rude (I know because I talked to like 3 of them in a span of 15mins), (2) don’t tell cab drivers that you aren’t from around there, because they will run the meter and (3) 61 yr old black cab drivers have a lot of opinions, very foul mouths, and too many stories to count. Haha.
It was also my first train ride. Amtrak trains are very comfortable and all you have to do to be in “first class” is to buy your ticket a day early. I had huge chairs and access to the dining car. Unfortunately, I was so tired that I slept most of the way. Haha.
All in all, it was an amazing trip. Probably one of the best adventures I have taken in a long time. I definitely plan on taking more! AND I will live in DC.... some day.
Until next time,
TPM
No comments:
Post a Comment